General Grant and aide 1st. Lt. Clint Reynolds stand on the porch of the Dover Inn, in Dover, TN, and survey the crowd of civilians and surrendered Confederate soldiers after the surrender of the garrison of Ft. Donelson.General Grant and a soldier of the 49th Iowa (Des Moines) kneel beside the headstone of his ancestor in the National Military Cemetery at Fort Donelson. This soldier was killed at the Battle of Fort Donelson. This was an extremely moving moment for all who witnessed this scene.
Upcoming EventsApr1Fri202209:00 General Grant is Pleased to Repo... @ Michie, TennesseeGeneral Grant is Pleased to Repo... @ Michie, TennesseeApr 1 @ 09:00 – Apr 3 @ 18:00General Grant is looking forward to the upcoming 160th anniversary re-enactment of the Battle of Shiloh! The re-enactment will be on Saturday/Sunday of April 2nd and 3rd. School day will be held on Friday April 1st. For information about attending … Continue reading →Apr2Sat202209:00 General Grant and General Beaure... @ Cherry Mansion, Savannah, TennesseeGeneral Grant and General Beaure... @ Cherry Mansion, Savannah, TennesseeApr 2 @ 09:00 – 11:30Please join General Grant and General Beauregard (Larry McCluney, Jr.) at the 14th annual General’s Breakfast on the beautiful grounds of the famous Cherry Mansion on the banks of the Tennessee River, as they talk about the battle of Shiloh … Continue reading →17:00 General Grant to Celebrate his 2... @ Sabvannah Theater in Savannah TheaterGeneral Grant to Celebrate his 2... @ Sabvannah Theater in Savannah TheaterApr 2 @ 17:00 – 18:30General Grant asks all, who may be able to attend, to help him celebrate his 200th Birthday in a benefit appearance in Savannah, Tenn., at the famous Savannah Theater in downtown Savannah, Tenn. Please join the General as he talks … Continue reading →
- Praise for Generals Grant and Lee by Dr. Curt Fields and Thomas Jessee
- General Grant discusses the importance of Fort Pemberton and Greenwood, MS in the exhibit “War Comes to the Mississippi Delta”
- Dover Hotel Film shown in the Dover Hotel in Fort Donelson National Battlefield
- WAR COMES TO THE MISSISSIPPI DELTA exhibit opening at The Museum of the Mississippi Delta in Greenwood, MS.
- Surrender recreation set for today | The Leaf Chronicle – Clarksville, Tenn., and Fort Campbell | theleafchronicle.com